Code of Ethics
Code of ethics of Meghmani Group applies to all its group companies. This code of ethics is a broader outline for all the employees to follow so as to carry and spread corporate values and beliefs among the colleagues to strengthen the organizational culture which could be passed on to the next generation. This document is not a detailed reference book but a guiding path concreted by the efforts of employees and management. This code of ethics implies to all the employees equally and whole group is bound to follow the principal values.
Malpractices by any employee can tarnish the image of entire organization as well as may cause financial damage. Therefore, crossing the ethical boundaries and limiting the standards by any employee will not be spared or ignored but a strict disciplinary action will be taken against him.
In case of any confusion or doubt to understand any clause of code of ethics, employees can seek advice of reporting manager/ relevant department or the management.
Code of ethics broadly covers following aspects:
- Health and Environment Safety
- Human rights and labour standards
- Anti – Corruption
- Conflict of Interest
- Quality of products and services
- Data Integrity
- Health and Environment Safety Administration of Meghmani group shall strive to provide a safe, healthy and clean working environment for its people. It shall prevent the wasteful use of natural resources and be committed to improving the environment, particularly with regard to the emission of greenhouse gases, and shall endeavour to offset the effect of climate change in all spheres of its activities. Our companies shall strive for economic, social and environmental sustainability in the process of production and sale of its products and services.
- Human Rights and Labour standards Our aim will be to conduct our business in a manner that respects the human-being and intend to secure human rights and dignity of people. We will be committed to play a role in the elimination of human rights violations such as child labour, human trafficking and forced labour. We believe in the principle of non-discrimination and will ensure that the same reflects in our business practices and attitude of employees. We at Meghmani, provide equal opportunities to all our employees and all qualified applicants for employment without regard to their race, caste, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity or disability. Human resource policies of Meghmani Group shall promote diversity and equality in the workplace, as well as compliance with all local labour laws, while encouraging the adoption of international best practices. Work environment at Meghmani Group companies will be maintained free of all forms of harassment, whether physical, verbal or psychological. Employees at all levels will have access to the compliance officer (Vertical Head) to convey their issues related to human rights or labour standards.
- Anti -Corruption: Employees shall ensure that in their dealings with suppliers and clients, the Company’s interests are never compromised. Under no circumstances, employees shall receive or offer or make, directly or indirectly, any illegal payments, remuneration, gifts, donations or comparable benefits in whatsoever form that are intended, or perceived, to obtain uncompetitive favours for the conduct of its business or which may influence any business decision. The Company shall cooperate with governmental authorities in efforts to eliminate all forms of bribery, fraud and corruption. Accepting business gifts and presents of more than a nominal value, gratuity payments and other payments from suppliers or customers to secure an improper advantage will be viewed as serious breach of discipline as this could lead to compromising the Company’s interests. However, the Company and its employees may, with full disclosure, accept and offer nominal gifts, provided such gifts are customarily given and / or are of a commemorative nature.
- Conflict of Interest: All the employees and directors of Meghmani Group companies shall always act in the interest of the company, and ensure that any business or personal association which he / she may have does not involve a conflict of interest with the operations of the company and his / her role therein.
- Quality of products and services: Our aim shall be to supply goods and services of world class quality, backed by after-sales services consistent with the requirements of its customers, while striving for their total satisfaction. The quality standards of the company’s goods and services shall meet applicable national and international standards. Quality with safety to meet the customer satisfaction will be the prime motive of the group. Any shortcoming in the quality of goods and services shall not be entertained and it will be responsibility of management to set the quality standards as per the national and international requirements.
- Data Integrity Every director and senior management personnel/ employee of Meghmani Group shall ensure the integrity of data or information furnished by him/her to the Company at all times. He/she shall be entirely responsible in ensuring that the confidentiality of all data is retained and in no circumstance is transferred to any outside person/party in the course of normal operations without any guidelines from, or the approval of the management.
- Land acquisition Policy Meghmani believes in and strive for best utilization of scared natural resources and land is one of them. We at Meghmani ensures that all the land procured for all kind of businesses are best suited for the relevant purpose, free from all kind of disputes and being acquired in transparent and legal manner which is compliant with the local revenue law and utilized it in environmentally sustainable manner. As a responsible corporate citizen and its social obligation, we ensure that Land looser get the priority in employment opportunity making them partner in economic progress.